A measles alert has been issued in NYC?
Who recommended this book to me? (harperperennial was it you?) It’s been on my Kindle since September and I just started reading it this morning and i am IN LOVE.
- Thanks for all the self-tanner recommendations. I ended up buying some Jergens Natural Glow - Three Days to Glow and mixing it with a little kukui nut oil. This is day three I’ve got a non-streaking, not too aggressive, little glow going on. So thank you!
- I just (finally) finished The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P and I HATED it. I stuck with it because it wasn’t boring (and I had recently given up on The Woman Upstairs so I felt a little self-conscious that I picked to blah books in a row so I forced myself to finish) but I felt angry and offended and insulted most of the time I was reading it. Maybe that was the point? Also, I felt like these characters were so realistic. I know people like Nathaniel and fuck off, bro.
- I am a total loss for what to read next. Actually, I”m reading a book for work next. But I need something to read for entertainment and am open to suggestions. No GOT and no Divergence. Whatcha got for me, Tumblr?
- Jason is in London (actually, he’s currently at JFK but he will be in London all weekend) and which means I can’t watch the True Detective finale until Monday. (Ugh, love is so hard sometimes.) So I’m already mentally preparing for all the anger I’m going to feel towards social media starting Sunday night at 10 pm EST and ending when I’m finally able to watch it. (FB seems to be filled with the most egregious offenders of the NO SPOILERS PLEASE rule. But Twitter is a very close second. Everyone here seems to get it. Thank you for that.)
- Patrick is transitioning out of the infant room and into the toddler 1 room at his daycare. He was in there yesterday when I picked him up and he thought he was total hot shit. He flipped out when he saw me, screaming “mama, mama” at the top of his lungs and running around showing me all the new toys and (and freedom) that he had. He was so proud of himself and it was adorable. My baby is a (little) big boy now.
- I’m glad it’s almost the weekend.
Texas death row inmate Ray Jasper is scheduled to be put to death on March 19. He has written us a letter that, he acknowledges, “could be my final statement on earth.” It is well worth your time.
If you read one thing on the internet today, please make it this.
We live in a country with a broken justice system. Racism is alive and well in America and people are making MILLIONS on the prison industrial complex. (I encourage you to look closely at your 401k plan and the cross reference that against the companies investing heavily in the prison system.)
If you’re at all interested in reading more about this then you can also check out the follow articles / book:
Gay Notre Dame varsity tennis player Matt Dooley attempted suicide in 2011. He came out to his team exactly two years later, and their acceptance helped save his life.
I have been trying to post this all day, but I cannot even click on the link without bursting into tears. But this, like all coming out stories, is a story that matters deeply. And I hope you will take the time to read it.
Matt is a wonderful young man who has had a tremendous impact on my family and my heart. He is one of Jack’s favorite people in the world. I am so proud of him for sharing his story but also so sad that this rock-bottom experience is true for so many people.
This is such a heartbreaking and beautiful article and I am so thankful that Emily shared it.
Matt’s story is important.In fact, all coming out stories are important and I celebrate every single time I am lucky enough to hear one.
Happy Wednesday, friends.
I’d order pizza delivery 90000% more.
Relevant to a lot of my interests.
I’m looking for a self-tanner that is impossible to fuck up.
I’d love to just do the paint on tan at Bliss but I feel like there’s a more economical and time-saving solution to this issue.
I have 13 days to do everything in my powers to up the feel less emotionally distressed about the black tie event that
I am being forced to attend we are going to. A little fake tan can’t hurt, right?
Thanks in advance.
Hello from our first selfie session using Photo Booth on my new(isn) MacBook.
We spent the day wandering around the ‘hood and supporting our local businesses. (Baby stuffs, baked treats, beers!) Now I’m avoiding going to the grocery store (a decision I will regret as soon as it starts snowing) by watching House Hunters and teaching the baby (even more) about technology.
Sundays, man. They’re so good and then so brutal.